Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Had A Killer 2018, But It Will Be Interesting To See What Comes Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Had A Killer 2018, But It Will Be Interesting To See What Comes Next Year

Phoronix: Fedora Had A Killer 2018, But It Will Be Interesting To See What Comes Next Year

It was a very exciting year for Red Hat's Fedora Linux distribution process with the successful releases of Fedora 28 and 29, each of those new Fedora releases adding in plenty of new features, achieving the long-desired flicker-free polished boot experience, and Fedora Silverblue taking shape for what was formerly their Atomic Workstation initiative. Next year though could be even more radical for the project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Next year though could be even more radical for the project...
    Which could be a problem too. The project already lost a few long year contributors.

Comment

have they added additional hooks into the distro for NSA supervisors to connect or it's still only in the selinux? ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by flux242 View Post
        have they added additional hooks into the distro for NSA supervisors to connect or it's still only in the selinux? ahahaha
        I don't know whether you're joking or serious, if it's the former that's a bad joke and if it's the latter than I've never heard anything more stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I don't know whether you're joking or serious, if it's the former that's a bad joke and if it's the latter than I've never heard anything more stupid.
          stupid is to use a security related software developed by nsa.

Comment

Originally posted by flux242 View Post

stupid is to use a security related software developed by nsa.
            software that's 100% open-source and has been audited.

Comment

I’m very pleased with Fedora 29 but not sure about SilverBlue. It hasn’t been communicated well as to what Silver Boue is supposed to accomplish.

As for being pleaded. Fedora still isn’t perfect with the biggest problem being updated breaking or having significant glitches. Rapid updates can be good, not so much though when unexpected behavior comes with the update.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                I’m very pleased with Fedora 29 but not sure about SilverBlue. It hasn’t been communicated well as to what Silver Blue is supposed to accomplish.
                See the documentation. One of key feature is easier rollback compared to traditional method.

Comment

Silverblue is only for Developers.
                  Code:
                  [I]Fedora Silverblue[/I] is an immutable desktop operating system. Aiming at good support for container-focused workflows, this variant of Fedora Workstation targets developer communities.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                    I’m very pleased with Fedora 29 but not sure about SilverBlue. It hasn’t been communicated well as to what Silver Boue is supposed to accomplish.

As for being pleaded. Fedora still isn’t perfect with the biggest problem being updated breaking or having significant glitches. Rapid updates can be good, not so much though when unexpected behavior comes with the update.
                    FWIW I believe part of the reason for the proposed delay is to have more tooling/systems in place to prevent this.

Comment

Working...
                    X