Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma, GNOME Shell, Xfce, LXQt & MATE Linux Gaming Benchmarks, Including X.Org/Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavman
    replied
    Wow.

LXQt has a nice score, specially if compared with xfce.

Nice to see this

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Which native wayland programs are used to make the benchmark?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    I'd switch to KWin/Wayland completely, if not for this annoying bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387313

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    If you are using Wine+dxvk with KWin/Wayland, you need to set

Code:
    dxgi.numBackBuffers = 3
    In your dxvk.conf, otherwise your framerate will be capped.

The Witcher 3 runs fine with KWin/Wayland with that setting.

I ran some gaming tests using KWin Wayland session, and noticed a strange thing. When using wined3d, framerate is uncapped when vsync is off in games as expected. But with dxvk, vysnc option is som...

Last edited by shmerl; 30 December 2018, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vtorri
    replied
    Michael: Can you add Enlightenment too, please ?

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    The same behavior on gnome side. As long vulkan app plays in window mode everything is ok, if fullscreen then hang. We have to wait for new X server release, or self-build

btw I'm courius if freesync works in xwayland?

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Thanks to the premium supporters and to Michael for these benchmarks!
    Hopefully the new year will bring me a job that would allow me to be one of the premium supporters.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Rise of the Tomb Raider loading screen works really, really seldom on Plasma Wayland... so this needs a fix, there is as well a bug report https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107036.

The other games that do not work on Plasma Wayland that use DXVK/Vulkan usually just work fine as long as you enforce in Kwin the window mode with boarders.

Thanks Michael for the test! I use Plasma Wayland as well for Gaming, I do not switch anymore back to X11 and most of the things are working fine except the 2 bug reports mentioned here! I didn't know that Gnome Wayland is affected as well by these bugs. Hope xorg will release soon a bug fix release it is overdue!

Leave a comment:

• mv.gavrilov
    replied
    > Rise of the Tomb Raider was hanging during the loading screen when trying to run on the Wayland-based GNOME/KDE sessions.
    Michael, please try launch with this patch: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/...ge_requests/48
    XWayland should work!

Leave a comment:

• frosth
    replied
    Originally posted by Brisse View Post

I've had this since x.org 1.20. Most Vulkan applications in fullscreen crashes when using Wayland. Apparently there is a fix but it has not made it into distros yet.
    Sadly you need build whole X from git to fix this. I can't find any plans to release new version of X server.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X