PulseEffects: A System-Wide Equalizer For PulseAudio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moilami View Post
    Source is digital in all cases, I am not a believer of analogue audio. For music it is Chromecast and Google Play Music, for movies it is Chromecast, and for games it is digital of course. Google do things for Free Software, so I don't even consider other music sources than Google.

And to answer to your question: I prefer the music I listen sounds like the mixer and artists intended.
    did they intend their music to be digitally lossly recompressed twice with googlemusic and chromecast?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      did they intend their music to be digitally lossly recompressed twice with googlemusic and chromecast?
      Haha, a very good question. I think they did not, except some mixers and artists kind of did, most notable example must be so called compression wars, or was it loudness wars. AFAIK Chromecast does not do "lossly recompression" in a way that it could justify calling it lossly. It acts only as DA converter. But yeah, anyway, good points.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        go back to school. or at least learn to look at pictures which i posted
        Grow up dude, No pictures showing for me,

Comment

So I've been using PulseEffects for a day now (for mic processing) and it's great, real fast, good ability to tune latency, I'd like to be able to get below 30ms without occasional underruns but honestly this is good enough for now.

Comment

Oh it needs meson build system? Cool, FSCK it. Let RH puppets build their programs themselves.

Comment

Haha, thanks for taking note:

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...t-pulseeffects

Last edited by pq1930562; 30 December 2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Audio for me on linux is still an absolute pain in the ass. It's one of my biggest gripes using linux. For this reason I have bought sound cards that have compatible linux drivers out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                  No pictures showing for me,
                  try post #37

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                    Oh it needs meson build system? Cool, FSCK it. Let RH puppets build their programs themselves.
                    lol, meson was written by canonical employee. rh haters are so funny

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                      Is there a QT version anyone know?

GTK looks **** what ever version is used
                      Qt is the the diarrhea of UI designs. So when comparing shit to diarrhea I'll take shit every day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                      X