X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    try post #37
    Oh yes, I see.

Like I said, looks crap to me whatever theme. Reminds me of win95 era look to be frank. Personal preference I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Qt is the the diarrhoea of UI designs. So when comparing shit to diarrhoea I'll take shit every day of the week.
      I seem to have touched a nerve for the GTK crowd.

Comment

lol, meson was written by canonical employee. rh haters are so funny
        I got to hate RH after their damn managers decided to replace autotools with that weird thing in nearly all RH-controlled projects. As funny consequence it made easy to spot who is RH management puppet and so on. As simple as that. I can surely trace origins of this folly to Gnome devs and somesuch. Honestly, these nuts turned one of my most favorite DEs (Gnome 2 was quite nice) to borkzored, slow, overengineered and laggy crap, targeting hype and abstract goals while failing to be ... reasonable desktop. At least for me. When people like this spread their "innovations" further I can imagine result would be pretty much in the same spirit like what happened to Gnome.
        Last edited by SystemCrasher; 02 January 2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

if you have a 5.1 output, you can enable it on the system sound configuration. The path to that depends of the desktop you are using. I can explain the path if are using KDE.
          Sorry, I missed to specify if it is possible to enable the 5.1 audio over spdif

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
            Reminds me of win95 era look to be frank.
            that's because it's a w95-like theme. there are thousands of others

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
              I got to hate RH after their damn managers decided to replace autotools with that weird thing in nearly all RH-controlled projects.
              you got to hate rh because you live in fantasy world where their managers are deciding how to build projects(and selecting competition-made tool to add insult to injury)
              and where autotools deserve to exist
              Last edited by pal666; 02 January 2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

I know you can enable spdif, but since I don't have a 5.1 receiver with it, I cannot answer on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

5.1 audio needs to be compressed since S/PDIF doesn't have enough bandwidth for 6-channel LPCM. There used to be a plugin/module for transcoding.

Comment

you got to hate rh because you live in fantasy world where their managers are deciding how to build projects(and selecting competition-made tool to add insult to injury) and where autotools deserve to exist
                    I do like autotools, they allow to build things nearly everywhere I dared to try, and being curious wrench I've dared to try plenty of strange setups. Autotools give more or less sane error messages even in really awkward configurations. Yes, I do not like many recent RH "innovations". Looking on how synchronously RH-backed projects gone meson, I think I'm see who is in charge and so on. So whole RH ecosystem has highlighted itself. Speaking for myself I would try to avoid it, environments like this are unpleasant for me. Either way RH no longer exist, it part of IBM. Let's hope it would be devoured and consumed, its way too much of toxic snake shit they spit.
                    Last edited by SystemCrasher; 13 January 2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

that's just a theme. should i help you with google query?
                      https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1255184/
                      Master.... you're Google-fu is strong. I myself prefer the one-step-back theme, but this was tempting!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
                      X