Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WireGuard Issues New Snapshot, But Doesn't Look Like It Will Make It Into Linux 4.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard Issues New Snapshot, But Doesn't Look Like It Will Make It Into Linux 4.21

Phoronix: WireGuard Issues New Snapshot, But Doesn't Look Like It Will Make It Into Linux 4.21

WireGuard 0.0.20181218 is now available as another test release of this secure network VPN tunnel, but sadly it doesn't look like it will be landing in the upcoming Linux 4.21 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been using Wireguard in production and just love it! Fast, extremely easy to setup and well supported on many platforms already!
    That is actually the result of huge effort from the devs, they are making sure wireguard is usable universally. There is even an userspace wireguard implementation in Go for when loading a Kernel module is not an alternative (Android, iOS, etc).

Comment

My VPN provider offers wireguard maybe i should try it out

Comment

Originally posted by mbello View Post
        I've been using Wireguard in production and just love it! Fast, extremely easy to setup and well supported on many platforms already!
        That is actually the result of huge effort from the devs, they are making sure wireguard is usable universally. There is even an userspace wireguard implementation in Go for when loading a Kernel module is not an alternative (Android, iOS, etc).
        The iOS app is now generally available in the store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wire...5209?ls=1&mt=8. It's really good, so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
          My VPN provider offers wireguard maybe i should try it out
          Mind sharing the provider?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

Mind sharing the provider?
            It's an Swedish VPN provider called integrity and they only have servers in Sweden.
            The wireguard service is still beta but the good news is that it's free to try for 30-days if you register.

Comment

Working...
            X