Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teknoraver View Post
    It works != it's good. Vbox is ways slower than KVM:
    Point taken, thanks for the interesting performance data.

Comment

Who is using OS/2?
      Why was it needed or did they even spend time working on it instead of fixing more bugs or getting more usable functionality?
      Have I missed something? Has IBM resurrected OS/2? Last news I heard is they've gone linux-is-not-unix by purchasing Redhat...

Why did it (OS/2) even deserve mentioning in the media?

Comment

Originally posted by DanglingPointer View Post
        Who is using OS/2?
        Why was it needed or did they even spend time working on it instead of fixing more bugs or getting more usable functionality?
        Have I missed something? Has IBM resurrected OS/2? Last news I heard is they've gone linux-is-not-unix by purchasing Redhat...

Why did it (OS/2) even deserve mentioning in the media?
        OS/2 Warp 4.5 is still running out there in ATM's and various industrial applications. (I have it running in Virtual Box today)

OS/2 Warp 5 is now called ArcaOS and IBM (which still owns the rights) has outsourced support and development to a company called Arca Noae.

Still available for purchase and with the recent enhancements runs on most modern hardware.

Arca Noae is an OS/2-focused software and development company, providing expert consulting for a wide variety of OS/2 and eComStation installations.

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
          The ticket was closed as "working" with Wayland. You can stop waiting now.
          • Status changed from new to closed
          • Resolution set to fixed
          • Summary changed from VB Video driver should support Wayland to VB Video driver should support Wayland -> fixed

2D support has been working with Wayland for years now. With 6.0 you can get 3D support using VMSVGA.

Comment

Working...
          X