Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Jara
    replied
    I'm using Manjaro, it's 2019 and still Firefox keeps on using a GTK app instead of the default Dolphin file manager on KDE plasma!
    However, the Manjaro team has a nice article in their wiki with a simple work around:
    Using the native file chooser

Leave a comment:

• cochise
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    I'm talking about a full screen preview like in Windows when you click on the Preview item after right clicking on the image.
    That one opens the image in full screen image viewer, so you can see every detail of it.
    That's the one that I want to see hre.
    You want Klook.
    It is a joy to come across an application that works so well and combines the features and functionalities of several applications that it is difficult to not w

Try compiling: https://github.com/KDE/klook
    Not sure if it will work today.

Photo-qt is a alternative, but wont work on open dialogs.
    PhotoQt is a simple yet powerful and good looking image viewer, based on Qt/QML, published as open-source and completely free.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    The KDE File Picker already has such a feature.
    No. It does not. At least not on KDE Plasma version 5.14.4
    I'm not talking about that small thumbnail preview in the sidebar.
    I'm talking about a full screen preview like in Windows when you click on the Preview item after right clicking on the image.
    That one opens the image in full screen image viewer, so you can see every detail of it.
    That's the one that I want to see hre.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by WebMac View Post

Aren't thumbmails and filenames enough to distinguish the files?
    No.
    Just do some printscreens of different actions you do on your computer and then try to distinguish them by just looking at the file which should be something like:
    Screenshot_date
    Screenshot_other date
    The thumbnails are even worse for this case since they are so small and very similar.
    Windows preview opens the file in full screen.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

The KDE open/save dialogs have had a preview sidebar forever.
    The preview thumbnail is too small to distinguish between files.
    I want a preview like in Windows, where clicking on the Preview from the contextual menu will open the image in full screen image viewer, the same way as I would open it from the normal file manager.

Leave a comment:

• bobwya
    replied
    Originally posted by genstorm View Post
    It was just a several 100kB patch to Firefox and a hackish helper application.

No chance of upstreaming and very expensive to maintain, not something any other distro added to their downstream patching.
    It may not be in the main repositories... But most other major distributions I've tested have a firefox + opensuse kde patched package, floating about somewhere. Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu in the AUR, COPR, a Layman Overlay or a PPA. I've been maintaining Gentoo Overlay (Opensuse KDE) patched versions of firefox and thunderbird for years... Wolfgang has done a sterling job of keeping the OpenSUSE patchset up-to-date and fully functional.

The Gnome file picker SUCKS really badly and needs to die in a fire...

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Yes it does.

Click to enlarge and I prefer Oxygen over the horrible Breeze icons.
    Interesting, I was using it until yesterday when I swapped to this new option and I never had them. I also didn't change any options that i'm aware of.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    I hope that in the future the open dialog will have a file preview feature when you right click on a file like images.
    This is a very useful feature in Windows (Windows 7) that helps you not to upload somewhere the wrong picture.
    Looking just at the file name or thumbnail sometimes is not enough and Right click -> Preview is the best option.
    The KDE open/save dialogs have had a preview sidebar forever.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
    It's KDE, so it's of no interest to me.
    Interested enough to comment

Image result for troll image

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
    It's KDE, so it's of no interest to me.
    It's built on the same framework that allows you to have GTK+ dialogs in applications where the KDE version is far superior to the GNOME clone, like Filelight vs. Baobab's radial graph mode. Does that make it more interesting?

I could be mistaken but, last I checked, Baobab hadn't duplicated all of the performance optimizations Filelight has, such as caching information as you drill down so you can inspect why a folder is so big in more detail than the top-level graph gives, then back out and act on it... or updating the graph without requiring a heavy re-scan when you delete a file/folder using Filelight's internal delete command.

(That said, neither matches ncdu for letting you feel safe in exploring and deleting things without accidentally triggering a potentially heavy re-scan. That builds a complete memory model of what it scans, only re-scans when manually prompted to, and lets you trigger a rescan of only a specific subtree. I could be mistaken, but I also get the impression is has some ctime-based optimizations for quickly ruling out folders that haven't changed without querying their full contents.)
    Last edited by ssokolow; 17 December 2018, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X