No announcement yet.

Firefox On KDE Now Supports Native Open/Save Dialogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 is set, Firefox always keeps asking about being set as default browser on startup (without the variable, it remembers the setting and doesn't ask anymore). Is there any way to work around it?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

True but only via out-of-tree patches by openSUSE. This news is about standard Firefox as distributed by Mozilla.
      Yes, it was just to say that I do not think it's such a complicated thing since openSUSE already has the patch.

Comment

[QUOTE = Danny3; n1067498] Spero che in futuro la finestra di dialogo aperta abbia una funzione di anteprima del file quando fai clic con il pulsante destro su un file come immagini.
        Questa è una funzionalità molto utile in Windows (Windows 7) che ti aiuta a non caricare da qualche parte l'immagine sbagliata.
        Guardare solo il nome del file o la miniatura a volte non è sufficiente e fare clic con il tasto destro del mouse -> Anteprima è l'opzione migliore. [/ QUOTE]

Questo è già usato nella finestra nativa di Kde
        picture hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
          Yes, it was just to say that I do not think it's such a complicated thing since openSUSE already has the patch.
          It was just a several 100kB patch to Firefox and a hackish helper application.

No chance of upstreaming and very expensive to maintain, not something any other distro added to their downstream patching.

Comment

What is Native Open/Save Dialogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
              What is Native Open/Save Dialogs?
              Normally, Firefox on Linux uses the GTK+ Open/Save dialogs regardless of what desktop environment you're using. "Native" is using the same Open/Save dialogs as the rest of the apps in your chosen DE.

Comment

The OpenSUSE fix also doesn't show individual hard drives down the left like the normal KDE picker does, it runs as a separate window, and tends to lag a lot in my experience.

Looking forward to this finally being fixed, although I'm not sure why it took so long.

Comment

Thank god finally

Comment

Originally posted by genstorm View Post
                    It was just a several 100kB patch to Firefox and a hackish helper application.

No chance of upstreaming and very expensive to maintain, not something any other distro added to their downstream patching.
                    at least Manjaro builds a FF-package with these patches. If i remember correctly, Kubuntu also had a KDE-FF.

But nevertheless, nice to finally see at least some progress in that regard ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
                      The OpenSUSE fix also doesn't show individual hard drives down the left like the normal KDE picker does
                      Yes it does.

Click to enlarge and I prefer Oxygen over the horrible Breeze icons.
                      Last edited by Slartifartblast; 17 December 2018, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X