• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holunder
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Antergos KDE; fully up to date.
    Here too, but I don’t experience this problem and cannot remember having this at any point in the past.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    How turning off async?
    I unfortunately never found a universal approach, but the way I do it (when I feel the need to - I don't use flash drives very often) is to create a mount option for the flash drive in /etc/fstab with the "sync" or "flush" flags enabled. In general, it seems "flush" is better used for flash storage, though I get the impression it still has somewhat of a delay, whereas "sync" is immediate.
    Depending how your setup is done, you could probably create a udev rule instead, or use a more generic mount path like "/dev/sdb1" rather than the UUID of the flash drive.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    My only real problem with KDE these days is how long it takes to remove a USB drive using the eject button versus sudo umount -- a dumped live iso or copying over a 1.5gb video takes 15 minutes or more for KDE to unmount and seconds for sudo umount (I had two videos take 22 minutes to unmount a week ago).
    OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and Leap on Plasma don't do that either.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I personally don't get such issues. Try turning off async and see if that helps.
    How turning off async?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I personally don't get such issues. Try turning off async and see if that helps.
    I'll have to give that a try later on today. Thanks for a hint of a starting point.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

What distro is this? On Kubuntu this is not happening on my devices.
    Antergos KDE; fully up to date.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    My only real problem with KDE these days is how long it takes to remove a USB drive using the eject button versus sudo umount -- a dumped live iso or copying over a 1.5gb video takes 15 minutes or more for KDE to unmount and seconds for sudo umount (I had two videos take 22 minutes to unmount a week ago).

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Also not happening here on Solus Plasma.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    As a KDE user, these articles always get me a little excited. I'm really looking forward to some of those, like the Kate context menu. I could have used the rename one last night.

The other day for work I was 8 minutes into an unmount. I copied 20 10-15mb pictures to a blank exfat USB drive when I decided to just remove the drive, allow it to corrupt, reformat it, recopy the pictures, and unmount from the terminal since all those steps totaled 2 and a half minutes. Since it was work and not personal I couldn't wait and see how long it would take 8 minutes in.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    As a KDE user, these articles always get me a little excited. I'm really looking forward to some of those, like the Kate context menu. I could have used the rename one last night.

The other day for work I was 8 minutes into an unmount. I copied 20 10-15mb pictures to a blank exfat USB drive when I decided to just remove the drive, allow it to corrupt, reformat it, recopy the pictures, and unmount from the terminal since all those steps totaled 2 and a half minutes. Since it was work and not personal I couldn't wait and see how long it would take 8 minutes in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X