Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.80 Beta Now Available With Many New & Improved Features

Phoronix: Blender 2.80 Beta Now Available With Many New & Improved Features

As a smashing early Christmas gift to the open-source community, Blender 2.80 is now in beta for this widely-used open-source 3D modeling software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Im completely lost again with this version. I hope I can learn it fast.
    Last edited by pracedru; 29 November 2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Great news, looking forward to seeing the improvements!

Comment

The most interesting thing about Blender 2.8 is the possibility of rendering using the CPU + GPU.

Comment

It's default mouse actions are all ass backwards and forces one to completely relearn their hard earned and learned workflow from 2.7 branch. Most of the add-ons are still broken. Let's hope it has half a dozen betas before release.

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post
            The most interesting thing about Blender 2.8 is the possibility of rendering using the CPU + GPU.
            You can do that with 2.79 master for the past 9 months. The UI will take time to learn, but it's definitely much more enjoyable working in Evee to work through most of your project and later use Cycles than before. Denoising is much improved. Filmic is much improved, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
              It's default mouse actions are all ass backwards and forces one to completely relearn their hard earned and learned workflow from 2.7 branch.
              According to the linked video, you can change the mouse-button ordering back in the preferences.

Comment

It's default mouse actions are all ass backwards and forces one to completely relearn their hard earned and learned workflow from 2.7 branch. Most of the add-ons are still broken. Let's hope it has half a dozen betas before release.
                Blender users can go back to what they want easily via setting. It's to help with adoption from people that use pretty much any other alternative to blender where left mouse is default. It's one of those adoption pains I and others came across. 2.8 brings a lot of other improvements though which will have me actually consider using blender as my main 3D software.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
                  Im completely lost again with this version. I hope I can learn it fast.
                  Check out this guide: https://www.metinseven.nl/blog/2qny/...to-version-2-8

Comment

No no no no. Blender is the Holy Grail, just like Rust, don't hate on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X