Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 3.21 Released With Better Joystick Support, Updated Android Graphics Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.21 Released With Better Joystick Support, Updated Android Graphics Support

Phoronix: Wine 3.21 Released With Better Joystick Support, Updated Android Graphics Support

Wine 3.21 is out today as the latest bi-weekly development release for running Windows games and applications on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version steam login problem has been fixed

Last edited by pinguinpc; 23 November 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

How is the driver support for android x86? It might be a viable gaming platform sometime.

Comment

Is it possibile to compile Wine for Android/Arm?

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
          Is it possibile to compile Wine for Android/Arm?
          Why compile when you can download a binary?

Btw: I'm still getting a gray screen only on Android 8.1 ...

Comment

Originally posted by DIRT View Post
            How is the driver support for android x86? It might be a viable gaming platform sometime.
            Do you mean the Android-x86 project? If so, it seems to work pretty flawlessly on a XPS 13 (audio, touchscreen, and 3D acceleration at something sort of near 4k worked):

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

Do you mean the Android-x86 project? If so, it seems to work pretty flawlessly on a XPS 13 (audio, touchscreen, and 3D acceleration at something sort of near 4k worked):

Why Old School Runescape when it has a native Android client?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Why Old School Runescape when it has a native Android client?
                I'm not sure I understand the question, but I was testing the Android/Mobile version of OSRS on Android-x86, on a regular x86 laptop. Compared to the regular Java version on Windows and Linux, the mobile version has much better FPS and touchscreen controls.

Comment

Originally posted by V10lator View Post
                  Why compile when you can download a binary?
                  https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/
                  The binary packages have shit amount of optimizations. Too conservative, and they also include all debug symbols, which is nice only when reporting a bug, not when trying to squeeze performance / startup time (if you place it compressed in squashfs, smaller = better).

You can always download official binary when reporting a bug then.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I was testing the Android/Mobile version of OSRS on Android-x86, on a regular x86 laptop. Compared to the regular Java version on Windows and Linux, the mobile version has much better FPS and touchscreen controls.
                    But the Android version doesn't need Wine, so I still don't understand what it has to do with this topic.

Comment

Working...
                    X