X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ansla
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    In general I hate QML because it's the fast food of Qt software apps - it allows devs to shit out apps quicker, look nicer but less responsive and sometimes with hickups because of the intricacies of QML (e.g. in gnome when you click for the first time after booting on the clock - it shows up instantly, in Plasma 5 it takes 1-2 seconds).
    No, that is not because of QML, but because you have PIM integration active. If you don't use Kontact/Korganizer or just don't want to see your meetings highlighted in the clock's calendar you can disable "PIM Events Plugin" from the clock's settings.

Leave a comment:

• brrrrttttt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mthw View Post

There already is a patch under review, they just refused to merge it into 5.12.0. See: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/245130/
    Yes, because the fix causes other issues, and it's not even clear it's the right way to go. Read the discussion in the review you linked! For Qt to release regularly (everyone complained about that not happening), things like this _cannot_ hold up releases for more than few days at most.

Leave a comment:

• Mthw
    replied
    Originally posted by miskol View Post

feel free to fix it
    I fixed couple qt bugs
    There already is a patch under review, they just refused to merge it into 5.12.0. See: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/245130/

Leave a comment:

• miskol
    replied
    Shame this wasn't fixed: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71238, altough it is a new bug introduced in Qt5.12.
    feel free to fix it
    I fixed couple qt bugs

Leave a comment:

• lowflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post

I think the only troll here is you.
    Nope!

Leave a comment:

• miabrahams
    replied
    I hope this means Maya 2019 will be released finally. It's been well over 15 months.

Leave a comment:

• brrrrttttt
    replied
    Great work carewolf and co. Looking forward to moving from 5.9 up to 5.12!

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied

But It will break all "hamburger menus" in KDE Plasma, see: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=399914
    Unless there is a workaround made for it in Plasma.
    If the hamburger menu is what I think it is - I hate it with passion. In Plasma 5 when I click on this button to show up the app menu it takes like 1 sec to show up and the menu randomly hides which is very frustrating.
    In general I hate QML because it's the fast food of Qt software apps - it allows devs to shit out apps quicker, look nicer but less responsive and sometimes with hickups because of the intricacies of QML (e.g. in gnome when you click for the first time after booting on the clock - it shows up instantly, in Plasma 5 it takes 1-2 seconds).

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ddriver View Post
    Gotta hand it to whatever is left of the trolls, they sure can introduce bugs faster than they resolve them. A coarse estimate is that about 48.7% of the developer work hours has been wasted on redundancies and trend 'horing, over which there should be a software architect or two that needs to be fired... out of a cannon and into the sun.

At least now they finally bothered to produce a binary build for babies like cl33r
    I think the only troll here is you.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by ddriver View Post
    At least now they finally bothered to produce a binary build for babies like cl33r
    Wtf, the Qt company often if not always produces binary builds, they even have a server mirrors for faster downloads. Didn't you know that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X