Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Phoronix: DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Back in August marked the release of DaVinci Resolve 15 with Linux support for this professional-grade video editing solution that also supports visual effects and audio post-production capabilities. That has now been succeeded by DaVinci Resolve 15.2...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...lve-15.2-Linux

Does it work on AMD gpu's is the real question , Tried DR several times now to no avail.

Comment

Will they ever make FOSS drivers for their acquisition cards? Their proprietary blob only supports ancient kernels, it's completely unusable.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
        Does it work on AMD gpu's is the real question , Tried DR several times now to no avail.
        I have a pretty old card at this point ( HD 5770) so I'm not too surpised it doesn't work with mine. (It crashes after the initial splash screen). When I was looking at the app boot logs, it appears to require OpenCL 1.2 or it was automatically rejecting Clover drivers (mesa opencl). I am also interested to hear if anyone has had success on AMD with Mesa or ROCm.

Comment

It's no surprise that it rejectes Clover. I would be surprised of the opposite.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X