Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.0.4 Is En Route With New Icons, Dozens Of Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Wine 3.0.4 Is En Route With New Icons, Dozens Of Bug Fixes

Wine 4.0 should be out in early 2019 as the next major stable release of this increasingly used software for running Windows games and applications on Linux and other operating systems. For those not riding the bi-weekly development releases that lead up to the eventual Wine 4.0, Wine 3.0.4 is coming in the days ahead as the latest stable point revision...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    World of Warcraft to Resident Eveil 7

Comment

So I was wondering what a 314k floppy drive was. The patch here is called "Add 512k and 314k floppy drive icons". And indeed it mentions IDI_SHELL_5_12_FLOPPY and IDI_SHELL_3_14_FLOPPY.

It took me a while to realize that 5_12 was actually 5 1/2, that is, the familiar 5.25" drive.

Comment

Why would you link to some unofficial mirror on GitHub? The source repository of the Wine project is here: https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post
          So I was wondering what a 314k floppy drive was. The patch here is called "Add 512k and 314k floppy drive icons". And indeed it mentions IDI_SHELL_5_12_FLOPPY and IDI_SHELL_3_14_FLOPPY.

It took me a while to realize that 5_12 was actually 5 1/2, that is, the familiar 5.25" drive.
          1: 1
          1/2: 0.5
          1/4: 0.25

3 1/2": 3.5"
          5 1/4": 5.25"

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post

I was wondering what a 512k floppy drive was, as I grew up with 314k...

Comment

Originally posted by dos1 View Post
              Why would you link to some unofficial mirror on GitHub? The source repository of the Wine project is here: https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git
              Agreed, please update that link in the original story Michael, seems odd to be linking to an obscure git repo.

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I was wondering what a 512k floppy drive was, as I grew up with 314k...
              5.25 drive, checking in. Had such fond memories of my Apple IIc growing up and the games I used to play on that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post

1: 1
                1/2: 0.5
                1/4: 0.25

3 1/2": 3.5"
                5 1/4": 5.25"
                Thank you for the quick lesson in division by two. It may be obvious in retrospect that 314k and IDI_SHELL_3_14_FLOPPY are actually 3 1/4", but it wasn't for me.

Comment

Working...
                X