Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Now Supports WireGuard, Alt-Tab Switching Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Now Supports WireGuard, Alt-Tab Switching Improvements

The WireGuard secure VPN tunnel is not in the mainline kernel yet but the KDE Plasma desktop is the latest project already adding support for it, which can be useful today if making use of WireGuard's DKMS kernel modules...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't the title a bit misleading? Wireguard and other improvements were added to Plasma 5.15 that is to be released in three months, so it's not like it supports this stuff today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post
      Isn't the title a bit misleading? Wireguard and other improvements were added to Plasma 5.15 that is to be released in three months, so it's not like it supports this stuff today.
      And I think it also relies on network-manager-wireguard, which does not work properly. https://github.com/max-moser/network...guard/issues/5

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post
        Wait, so you mean I can't build Plasma from source with all of these additions/improvements? 'Cause that's what *now* refers to. But you're right, I forgot Plasma isn't FOSS.[/s]

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Wait, so you mean I can't build Plasma from source with all of these additions/improvements? 'Cause that's what *now* refers to. But you're right, I forgot Plasma isn't FOSS.[/s]
          Sure, because everybody and their grandmother is cherry picking straight from master.

Comment

Is the file manager search working yet ?
            I'm getting no results for both file names and file contents.
            I still need to open the terminal for file searches. and the browser to search for the search command
            This sucks big time!
            I'm on KDE Neon with latest updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              I still need to open the terminal for file searches. and the browser to search for the search command
              This sucks big time!
              It works just fine for me on Antergos with all the latest updates \ Dolphin 18.08.3 and Plasma 5.14.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                This sucks big time!
                go to System Settings -> Search and ensure "Enable file search" is enabled

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post

Sure, because everybody and their grandmother is cherry picking straight from master.
                  Grandmothers wouldn't even know what WireGuard is and maybe not even know about Alt+Tab...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Or you can use nightly builds from Neon Project.Developer Edition.
                    KDE neon is the latest and greatest of KDE community software.

Comment

Working...
                    X