Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma Now Supports WireGuard, Alt-Tab Switching Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Plasma Now Supports WireGuard, Alt-Tab Switching Improvements

    Phoronix: KDE Plasma Now Supports WireGuard, Alt-Tab Switching Improvements

    The WireGuard secure VPN tunnel is not in the mainline kernel yet but the KDE Plasma desktop is the latest project already adding support for it, which can be useful today if making use of WireGuard's DKMS kernel modules...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...eGuard-Support

  • #2
    Isn't the title a bit misleading? Wireguard and other improvements were added to Plasma 5.15 that is to be released in three months, so it's not like it supports this stuff today.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mthw View Post
      Isn't the title a bit misleading? Wireguard and other improvements were added to Plasma 5.15 that is to be released in three months, so it's not like it supports this stuff today.
      And I think it also relies on network-manager-wireguard, which does not work properly. https://github.com/max-moser/network...guard/issues/5

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mthw View Post
        Isn't the title a bit misleading? Wireguard and other improvements were added to Plasma 5.15 that is to be released in three months, so it's not like it supports this stuff today.
        Wait, so you mean I can't build Plasma from source with all of these additions/improvements? 'Cause that's what *now* refers to. But you're right, I forgot Plasma isn't FOSS.[/s]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

          Wait, so you mean I can't build Plasma from source with all of these additions/improvements? 'Cause that's what *now* refers to. But you're right, I forgot Plasma isn't FOSS.[/s]
          Sure, because everybody and their grandmother is cherry picking straight from master.

          Comment


          • #6
            Is the file manager search working yet ?
            I'm getting no results for both file names and file contents.
            I still need to open the terminal for file searches. and the browser to search for the search command
            This sucks big time!
            I'm on KDE Neon with latest updates.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
              Is the file manager search working yet ?
              I'm getting no results for both file names and file contents.
              I still need to open the terminal for file searches. and the browser to search for the search command
              This sucks big time!
              I'm on KDE Neon with latest updates.
              It works just fine for me on Antergos with all the latest updates \ Dolphin 18.08.3 and Plasma 5.14.3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                Is the file manager search working yet ?
                I'm getting no results for both file names and file contents.
                I still need to open the terminal for file searches. and the browser to search for the search command
                This sucks big time!
                I'm on KDE Neon with latest updates.
                go to System Settings -> Search and ensure "Enable file search" is enabled

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post

                  Sure, because everybody and their grandmother is cherry picking straight from master.
                  Grandmothers wouldn't even know what WireGuard is and maybe not even know about Alt+Tab...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                    Wait, so you mean I can't build Plasma from source with all of these additions/improvements? 'Cause that's what *now* refers to. But you're right, I forgot Plasma isn't FOSS.[/s]
                    Or you can use nightly builds from Neon Project.Developer Edition.
                    https://neon.kde.org/develop

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X