Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.52 Released With KWayland Virtual Desktop Protocol, Spins Down Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.52 Released With KWayland Virtual Desktop Protocol, Spins Down Drives

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.52 Released With KWayland Virtual Desktop Protocol, Spins Down Drives

KDE Frameworks 5.52 is now the latest monthly update to this collection of KDE add-on libraries complementing the functionality of Qt5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent news.

Comment

Frameworks updates are always pleasing...

Comment

I hope the developers have implemented the turning off of the detached mass-devices. How long to get this upgrade?
        Last edited by Azrael5; 10 November 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          I hope the developers have implemented the turning off of the detached mass-devices. How long to get this upgrade?
          Yes, that's exactly what was implemented. You can get it today if your distro provides you with KDE Frameworks 5.52.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Yes, that's exactly what was implemented. You can get it today if your distro provides you with KDE Frameworks 5.52.
            it doesn't work, the usb device stay on

Comment

Works for me and my hardware. If it doesn't work for you and your particular hardware, file a bug: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/Bug_Reporting

Comment

1. This is no support forum, if you have any issues, please use https://bugs.kde.org
                2.When you open the bugreport, please be precise. "The usb device" does not cut it. Flash drive, hard disk (SSD or HDD), optical drive? One or multiple partitions?
                3. KF5 relies on UDisk2 for spinning down, which relies on the kernel to implement this. Thus, also report the UDisk2 and kernel versions.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Works for me and my hardware. If it doesn't work for you and your particular hardware, file a bug: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/Bug_Reporting
                  How do you deactivate it? I simply unmount the usb device. Question is how to turn off the device though it is plugged into the usb port and unmounted? Is there an option command line or something else to do?

Comment

Any sign of the Wayland papercuts disappearing? Things still don't behave like they do on X11

Comment

Working...
                    X