Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Landing New Custom Widgets Theme, Powered By Cairo

Phoronix: LibreOffice Landing New Custom Widgets Theme, Powered By Cairo

In an interesting flurry of commits since yesterday, a new custom widgets theme is landing inside this open-source office suite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The idea with this custom widgets theme is to add an API to draw the widgets in LO or using an external library. This is mostly needed by LO Online, which doesn't have a native widget implementation and are draws them with a "fallback" code path inside widget implementation.

Comment

How about macOS/Windows support?

Comment

I hope this doesn't end up getting used outside of headless mode. Applications should always look native, and I can tell when one of them is cowboying its appearance.

Comment

I love that the app and UI has separation. All desktop apps should do this so they can be used on LAN or WAN IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            I love that the app and UI has separation. All desktop apps should do this so they can be used on LAN or WAN IMO.
            That's irrelevant if you OS implements application remoting which is being done by Windows, and probably Linux soon enough (has done forever with X11 but not sure about Wayland).

Comment

Working...
            X