Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10.8 Gets Better Performance Boost On Lower-End Hardware

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.8 Gets Better Performance Boost On Lower-End Hardware

It doesn't look like GIMP 3.0 will be under the tree this Christmas, but at least GIMP 2.10 continues progressing with new stable releases to provide new optimizations and enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ha, ha

Comment

I wish to see GIMP with GTK 3 so I can uninstall libgtk2 from my system.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I think i will install XMMS now, GTK 1 proggy As new Winamp was released 20 days ago

Comment

Since this is dynamic, shouldn't that theoretically mean high-end systems get a performance boost too?

Same here. It's even worse if you're using a Qt+Wayland environment like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Since this is dynamic, shouldn't that theoretically mean high-end systems get a performance boost too?
            This is what their comment says:

In particular, chunk size of image projections are now determined dynamically depending on processing speed, allowing better responsiveness of GIMP on less powerful machines whereas processing would be faster on more powerful ones.
            It seems it is just Micheal who shortened it up

Comment

I never really considered gimp to be slow, but I'll take it.

Comment

I recently used the new GIMP for processing some Website graphics. The package that came bundles with Fedora 29 crashes in a row here on my system. In the middle of some image processing everything disappears and a small dialog pops up with the backtrace. It looks like the GIMP 2.10.x has a long way to go until stabilisation.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  I think i will install XMMS now, GTK 1 proggy As new Winamp was released 20 days ago
                  There are some other applications other than XMMS that are compatible with Winamp skins.
                  I think maybe XMMS2, Audacious, Beep Media Player, and some others.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    Same here. It's even worse if you're using a Qt+Wayland environment like myself.
                    I found KRITA just as great (or even better) for photo edit, but you have to be in the mood to learn it

Comment

Working...
                    X