WebP Image Support Appears Ready For Firefox 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creak View Post
    At last, Firefox was lagging behind in that matter and I never understood their argument that JPEG should be enough. JPEG doesn't have alpha channel, so no, it's clearly not enough. PNG is lossless, which is fine in some cases, but if you want to prevent bandwidth, it's still better to prefer lossy compression format.
    I'm always in favor of a better format and having a nice lossy format with alpha support is great. However, as a webdev I can tell you we already have everything we need to have lightweight image, because everybody here is forgetting SVG. For icons, logo and every images like that, nothing can win against a few XML chars. And for real pictures like the "hero" in background of every home page, those are pictures of the real world, no transparency here. Yes, SVG + JPG solve 99% of the use cases. (still, if we can have something better that's nice of course. But using the existing tools correctly is already great.)

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

People who defend X11 and claim it is perfect and there is no need for a change are stupid.

People who actually believe Wayland is a good replacement for X11 are imbeciles.
      I was just wondering then. And this is an honest question, really. Is Daniel Stone, an X developer for like a decade or more, an imbecile? and, is this video just Red Hat propaganda? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQh_DmDLKQ
      btw, I use Xfce, and dont have any plan to change for the foreseeable future at least (maybe Arcan, it's looking good).

Comment

Working...
      X