X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    In a real life scenario, the difference is a page loading in 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. Not really something a human being can perceive. It's the same crap as operating systems competing on boot time. Your OS booting in 6 or 7 seconds changes absolutely nothing in your life.
    Anyone who cant percieve 0.1 seconds ..... is a bit slow mentally... you should even be able to make a complete sound in 0.1 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    I see in the screenshot that your azure backend is not accelerated. That's also due to some rather weird GPU blacklisting. Set these keys in about:config:

Code:
    layers.acceleration.force-enabled true
    gfx.content.azure.accelerated true
    gfx.canvas.azure.accelerated true
    Without it, benchmarking is rather pointless.

Firefox Linux releases should really stop this sweeping blacklisting and should enable all this by default. Drivers situation today is very different from five years ago.
    is this for nightly? my about config only has
    gfx.canvas.azure.backends skia
    gfx.content.azure.backends skia

as options

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Say no to the Firefox browser that requires you to use pulseaudio.
    You could use apulse emulation for Firefox (already packaged in Debian repo) and get on with your life.
    Or you could keep on trolling Phoronix with the same, tired rhetoric for years on end.

Hmmm. I wonder which one you'll choose.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post
    I see in the screenshot that your azure backend is not accelerated. That's also due to some rather weird GPU blacklisting. Set these keys in about:config:

Code:
    layers.acceleration.force-enabled true
    gfx.content.azure.accelerated true
    gfx.canvas.azure.accelerated true
    Without it, benchmarking is rather pointless.

Firefox Linux releases should really stop this sweeping blacklisting and should enable all this by default. Drivers situation today is very different from five years ago.
    Yeah I've been running with all this enabled for like a year now on intel graphics with no issues. It's really annoying that AT THE VERY LEAST they haven't enabled hardware compositing by default

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Damn, it is noticeable in daily use but I still didn't think Blink is that much faster. Those graphs are insane.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Wierd, I'm getting better scores than nightly+webrender on stable Firefox 63 despite using lesser hardware AND mining on my GPU at the same time.

When I compared Firefox/Chromium/Epiphany last year, the fastest was actually Epiphany although it did have some visual glitches. Focusing development on Linux and not having to support Windows does seem to pay off.

Leave a comment:

• H_Celine
    replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    I believe in a few months all Linux users will be using Firefox!
    Not in a million years as long as Firefox keeps making it harder-and-harder to have sound without Pulseaudio. Maybe if they started supporting Alsa and Jack agian.

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

There's nothing wrong with earning money, we all work to make money. Mozilla has not spat on Google's many money to set Google as the default engine in Firefox.
    Never said there's anything wrong with earning money. There's definitely something wrong with the amount any one entity such as google can earn without redistributing those earnings in a fair and just manner.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

Ok sure, so I should have made the difference out to be, not between an open and non-open source project, but between a not-for-profit org. like mozilla and a money-grabbing org. like google.
    There's nothing wrong with earning money, we all work to make money. Mozilla has not spat on Google's many money to set Google as the default engine in Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

The article refers to Chrome but it would be the exact same thing with Chromium which is an open source project!
    Ok sure, so I should have made the difference out to be, not between an open and non-open source project, but between a not-for-profit org. like mozilla and a money-grabbing org. like google.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X