Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Lands More Qt5 Integration Improvements, LXQt Support

Phoronix: LibreOffice Lands More Qt5 Integration Improvements, LXQt Support

Recently there's been more improvements for LibreOffice with its Qt5 integration to allow this open-source office suite to jive better with Qt5-based desktops like KDE Plasma and now LXQt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As long as KDE Plasma is the most featured, intuitive and customizable DE in my opinion, LibreOffice integration improvements are very welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      As long as KDE Plasma is the most featured, intuitive and customizable DE in my opinion, LibreOffice integration improvements are very welcomed.

Comment

Impress need some more work. It can’t run the simplest pptx. Importing to google docs and it worked flawless.

Comment

This is great. Currently my LibreOffice under Gentoo uses gtk3 and is thus almost unusable… I’ll have to look at how to enable the Qt UI.

Edit: looks like there is a "kde" use flag (although "equery u libreoffice" doesn’t show it), but I use LXQt so I don’t want to enable KDE stuff.
          Last edited by stqn; 13 October 2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            Edit: looks like there is a "kde" use flag (although "equery u libreoffice" doesn’t show it), but I use LXQt so I don’t want to enable KDE stuff.
            Why not, exactly? It just enables use of KDE Frameworks 5, which are extensions to Qt5.

Comment

Originally posted by genstorm View Post
              Why not, exactly? It just enables use of KDE Frameworks 5, which are extensions to Qt5.
              Yeah. With the advent of KF5, KDE is probably more modular than GNOME... and I rarely see anyone complaining about how various applications require one or two little libg... libraries above and beyond the base set of GTK+ ones.

(eg. I haven't tried LXQt yet, but I suspect that, for Flatpak support, it'll be using xdg-desktop-portal-kde which, despite the name, only requires KCoreAddons, KI18n, and KNotifications and only as build-time dependencies.)

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Currently my LibreOffice under Gentoo uses gtk3 and is thus almost unusable
                Wow, you must be useless.

Comment

Working...
                X