Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice Lands More Qt5 Integration Improvements, LXQt Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LibreOffice Lands More Qt5 Integration Improvements, LXQt Support

    Phoronix: LibreOffice Lands More Qt5 Integration Improvements, LXQt Support

    Recently there's been more improvements for LibreOffice with its Qt5 integration to allow this open-source office suite to jive better with Qt5-based desktops like KDE Plasma and now LXQt...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-More-Qt5-LXQt

  • #2
    As long as KDE Plasma is the most featured, intuitive and customizable DE in my opinion, LibreOffice integration improvements are very welcomed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      As long as KDE Plasma is the most featured, intuitive and customizable DE in my opinion, LibreOffice integration improvements are very welcomed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Impress need some more work. It can’t run the simplest pptx. Importing to google docs and it worked flawless.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is great. Currently my LibreOffice under Gentoo uses gtk3 and is thus almost unusable… I’ll have to look at how to enable the Qt UI.

          Edit: looks like there is a "kde" use flag (although "equery u libreoffice" doesn’t show it), but I use LXQt so I don’t want to enable KDE stuff.
          Last edited by stqn; 10-13-2018, 09:51 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stqn View Post
            Edit: looks like there is a "kde" use flag (although "equery u libreoffice" doesn’t show it), but I use LXQt so I don’t want to enable KDE stuff.
            Why not, exactly? It just enables use of KDE Frameworks 5, which are extensions to Qt5.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by genstorm View Post
              Why not, exactly? It just enables use of KDE Frameworks 5, which are extensions to Qt5.
              Yeah. With the advent of KF5, KDE is probably more modular than GNOME... and I rarely see anyone complaining about how various applications require one or two little libg... libraries above and beyond the base set of GTK+ ones.

              (eg. I haven't tried LXQt yet, but I suspect that, for Flatpak support, it'll be using xdg-desktop-portal-kde which, despite the name, only requires KCoreAddons, KI18n, and KNotifications and only as build-time dependencies.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stqn View Post
                Currently my LibreOffice under Gentoo uses gtk3 and is thus almost unusable
                Wow, you must be useless.

                Comment

                Working...
                X