Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.31.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.32

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GNOME 3.31.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.32

    Phoronix: GNOME 3.31.1 Released As The First Step Towards GNOME 3.32

    GNOME 3.31.1 was released on Thursday as the first step towards the GNOME 3.32 desktop update due out in March...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....31.1-Released

  • #2
    You missed stating that it's Nvidia's proprietary drivers that'll have Wayland disabled for now in the gdm.

    Comment


    • #3
      The suspend/hibernate changes... is this the reason why my sleeping computer now shuts down after 3 hours of sleep? Quite an annoying thing as it has broken my boot partition 2 times already.

      Comment


      • #4
        I would like to see Evince packaged as a sandboxed Flatpak application with read-only (no write) access. File access only, no network access.
        Maybe scope it to ~/Downloads/ and ~/Documents/

        I find the default icon size in Nautilus to be excessively huge. Luckily its configurable to be more sane.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by My8th View Post
          You missed stating that it's Nvidia's proprietary drivers that'll have Wayland disabled for now in the gdm.
          Not sure if he has edited the post, it's mentioned in the article

          Originally posted by phoronix
          GDM disables Wayland on the proprietary NVIDIA driver for now,

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I would like to see Evince packaged as a sandboxed Flatpak application with read-only (no write) access. File access only, no network access.
            Maybe scope it to ~/Downloads/ and ~/Documents/

            I find the default icon size in Nautilus to be excessively huge. Luckily its configurable to be more sane.
            Do you forget the part where some PDFs have editable fields and that there are multiple occaisions when you want to save those edits

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
              Do you forget the part where some PDFs have editable fields and that there are multiple occaisions when you want to save those edits
              Good point.
              Yes, I did forget about that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I would like to see Evince packaged as a sandboxed Flatpak application with read-only (no write) access. File access only, no network access.
                Maybe scope it to ~/Downloads/ and ~/Documents/
                What if I want to read documentation pdf files in /usr/share/doc/? And what if I want to read pdf files on network shares?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hussam View Post
                  What if I want to read documentation pdf files in /usr/share/doc/? And what if I want to read pdf files on network shares?
                  Hmm, good point.
                  Maybe it could be have a scope that includes /usr/share/doc.
                  Or maybe it shouldn't be file system scoped. Maybe that wasn't a good idea.
                  Either way it would be nice to have it sandboxed so it doesn't have access webcam, microphone, etc.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think any pdf related security mitigation should really happen in poppler. For example, handling ill-created files, etc...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X