KDE Plasma 5.14 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

No crashes for me, both in Intel and AMD graphics. What is the setup you have that is crashing?
    Same for me, it works just fine since a long time and I'm testing even with mesa-git on Wayland different AMD and Intel combinations.
    Last edited by R41N3R; 09 October 2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

No crashes for me, both in Intel and AMD graphics. What is the setup you have that is crashing?
      It also crashes for me with 5.13 on Intel hardware on Solus.

Comment

The GTK/Qt copy paste thing, is not working for me, at last when you select something. I have to press Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V like a peasant Windows user...

Apart from that, things look stable. SMplayer still had that bug (their fault), so I have to use VLC. Touchpad input looks okay, was bugged before, but still didn't allow the fine tuning it have under Xorg/Synaptics.

So we are in that situation where most functionality is here for a daily use, but small details still pushes people back to Xorg.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          So I've just treid it on my works VM, it still starts in about 1/4 of the screen rather than being full screen - so not looking good. Any one else got this working in VMWare?
          Do you mean the desktop background image? Because that is what I've seen in VM's as well, but at least the panel is fullscreen. Did you open a bug report for this?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Same for me, I works just fine since a long time and I'm testing even with mesa-git on Wayland different AMD and Intel combinations.
            Also monitor power saving?

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post

Also monitor power saving?
              No, this doesn't work on my AMD GPU and I have disabled it since a long time. It works for Intel though. Not aware about a bug report for AMDGPU/mesa. Whenever I tried to get the right debug information on Arch Linux it didn't provide so much useful data.

Comment

No one seems to be able to figure out what's going on, and it's rather frustrating that developers are just pointing at each other:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayla...land/issues/56

Last edited by shmerl; 09 October 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

No, this doesn't work on my AMD GPU and I have disabled it since a long time. It works for Intel though. Not aware about a bug report for AMDGPU/mesa. Whenever I tried to get the right debug information on Arch Linux it didn't provide so much useful data.
                  Yeah, for me also. Will try the JavaScript-abomination known as gnome with new fedora and see if it works there.

​​​

Comment

does wayland already have no annoyances?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                      Let us always remember that the Wayland session is not yet considered sufficiently stable, so it is quite normal that there may be problems, the default session is still Xorg.
                      However, my experience with Amd-Wayland is not bad, it's usable for everyday use, no crashes.
                      I await this new version of Plasma that if the test passes will soon arrive in Tumbleweed too.

Comment

Working...
                      X