Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.14 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.14 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

KDE has announced the immediate availability of Plasma 5.14 as the latest quarterly feature update to this popular desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Already in Neon Quite a few really cool improvements. And that happens every 4 months. And there are also tons of updates in KDE Applications every 4 months and in KDE Framework every month... That's crazy !

(5.14.1 will be here in a week for quick fixes)

Comment

I wonder if Wayland is usable yet - I'll give it a test tonight, but I'm not going to hold my breath

Comment

Originally posted by torturedutopian View Post
        Already in Neon Quite a few really cool improvements. And that happens every 4 months. And there are also tons of updates in KDE Applications every 4 months and in KDE Framework every month... That's crazy !

(5.14.1 will be here in a week for quick fixes)
        It's probably just a jenkins job

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

It's probably just a jenkins job
          Well, to get a wider vision of what's going on in all three releases cycles of KDE components, this website is a must : https://pointieststick.wordpress.com/

Comment

Did it stop crashing in Wayland session now?

Comment

So I've just treid it on my works VM, it still starts in about 1/4 of the screen rather than being full screen - so not looking good. Any one else got this working in VMWare?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                No crashes for me, both in Intel and AMD graphics. What is the setup you have that is crashing?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  It would be fair to mention your configuration as others are not affected by this, I think last time you said it is probably a Debian issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    So I've just treid it on my works VM, it still starts in about 1/4 of the screen rather than being full screen - so not looking good. Any one else got this working in VMWare?
                    That's probably because you have to wait for 5.14.1 before all the bugs are ironed out. And don't think this is me posting a negative comment about KDE: it's recommended to wait for the first point release with almost every DE.

Comment

Working...
                    X