Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Neon Rebased To Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Now Official

Phoronix: KDE Neon Rebased To Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Now Official

Since the start of August KDE Neon re-based to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has been in testing while now this re-base is official...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good, now that linux mint kde is gone this is decent replacement for it.

Comment

(immediately starts formatting the Kubuntu 18.04 partition)

Comment

Neon is great, until you need 32bits support for gaming.
        Since they only update the 64bits library, that causes conflicts when you need the 32bits ones. So I had to revert to Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiua View Post
          Since they only update the 64bits library, that causes conflicts when you need the 32bits ones. So I had to revert to Kubuntu.
          One would think that valve/Steam would update to not require 32-bit libraries by now, unless installing on a 32-bit CPU with a 32-bit distro...

Comment

Any news regarding the switch to Wayland by default in Neon?

Comment

Originally posted by Aiua View Post
              Do you mean 32bit Qt/KDE specific libraries?

Because otherwise Neon uses the standard Ubuntu libraries for everything else.

3rd party software really shouldn't be linking to lots of higher level system libraries anyway.

Comment

How does it take 6months for neon to rebase, while kubuntu does it for every release?

Comment

Originally posted by mzs.112000 View Post

One would think that valve/Steam would update to not require 32-bit libraries by now, unless installing on a 32-bit CPU with a 32-bit distro...
                  I think it was for the Blizzard app.

Originally posted by calc View Post

Do you mean 32bit Qt/KDE specific libraries?

Because otherwise Neon uses the standard Ubuntu libraries for everything else.

3rd party software really shouldn't be linking to lots of higher level system libraries anyway.
                  I don't remember which library it was exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was not a Qt or KDE lib, probably one of their dependencies that they had to update.

Comment

Originally posted by misp View Post
                    How does it take 6months for neon to rebase, while kubuntu does it for every release?
                    Different priorities, and probably manpower too.

Comment

Working...
                    X