GNOME 3.30.1 Released As A Big Assortment Of Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
    Opening Epiphany (3.30.1) crashed when I open Preferences.

Code:
    ERROR:../epiphany/lib/ephy-time-helpers.c:79:eel_strdup_strftime: assertion failed: (converted != NULL
    Aborted (core dump)
    I wiped out epiphany from .config, .cache, and .local/share. I uninstalled and reinstalled in Arch Linux and still get a crash.
    Report it here https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/epiph...lestone_id%5D=

Comment

Windows 10 installation is so weird, compared even with Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
        People knock Windows for many things, but one thing it's always done well since Vista is that the shell or graphics driver crashing doesn't bring down the entire session like GNOME does.
        No, but Vista did overheat my laptop a few times a day. And before you say it was the hardware: nope, 'cause when I replaced it with Ubuntu, it never overheated anymore. Not even once, not even under extreme conditions. So it was definetely a Windows Vista flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
          Nah, GNOME developers tend to ignore issues on GItLab, except when those regarding Nautilus.

Comment

They've fixed quite a lot of the ones I've reported.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
              Okay. As it turns out, the Preference dialog will crash if the locale command outputs as C for all the locale variables. This is in Arch Linux.

More info:

Distribution: Arch Linux GNOME Version: 3.30.1 Application: Epiphany I compiled the latest version of Epiphany from Git. I tried to open the Preference dialog from Epiphany...

Everything is working with Epiphany once the proper value is set for locale.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

No, but Vista did overheat my laptop a few times a day. And before you say it was the hardware: nope, 'cause when I replaced it with Ubuntu, it never overheated anymore. Not even once, not even under extreme conditions. So it was definetely a Windows Vista flaw.
                No operating system is capable of using more than 100% of your system resources. Not even Vista.
                If your system overheats then your system's cooling system is not dimensioned properly to handle the heat that a system produces.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                  No operating system is capable of using more than 100% of your system resources. Not even Vista.
                  If your system overheats then your system's cooling system is not dimensioned properly to handle the heat that a system produces.
                  What did I just read? Ever thought that it may not be designed to operate at 100% load all the time?

A system doesn't produce heat on its own, depends on the software being ran.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
                    Okay. As it turns out, the Preference dialog will crash if the locale command outputs as C for all the locale variables. This is in Arch Linux.
                    Everything is working with Epiphany once the proper value is set for locale.
                    C is a valid locale, it's the POSIX locale, so this crash is definitively a bug

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post

C is a valid locale, it's the POSIX locale, so this crash is definitively a bug
                      Am I the only one who discovered a bug when locale is set to C by default in Arch Linux?

Comment

Working...
                      X