Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Elisa Music Player 0.3 Enters Beta

Phoronix: KDE's Elisa Music Player 0.3 Enters Beta

Elisa is one of several options when it comes to music players for the KDE desktop. Elisa 0.3 entered beta this week as another step forward for this relatively young project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sigh yet another music player. What sets this apart from rhythmbox, amarok or clementine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred View Post
      Sigh yet another music player. What sets this apart from rhythmbox, amarok or clementine ?
      KDE Integration including the use of baloo, and it's being developed unlike Amarok, it's written in qt unlike rhythmbox, it has a cover art view, it looks good,...

Comment

Clementine works, is written in Qt. Also has cover art, even downloaded some for me once.

Comment

Clementine works, is written in Qt. Also has cover art, even downloaded some for me once.
          Last mayor release of Clementine was in 2016 though..

Comment

I'm following the progress of Elise very closely because I don't like any existing music player on Linux. Last time I tried 0.2 it couldn't play any music for some reason. Can't wait to give 0.3 a try.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
              it looks good,...
              Not on systems with increased font dpi (at least the previous version 0.2). But the screenshots indeed look very nice.

Originally posted by kattjaevel
              Last mayor release of Clementine was in 2016 though..
              It's sad if its development does not got on, but on the bright side it has more features than most people need and not too many bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

KDE Integration including the use of baloo, and it's being developed unlike Amarok, it's written in qt unlike rhythmbox, it has a cover art view, it looks good,...
                Hum?! Amarok is still being developed!!!

Version 2.9 was released last March and last time i checked they were porting it to KF5.

If you're referring to "amazing" new features, the thing is that i honestly think there isn't much more to be added since it's "amazingly" complete.
                I don't know of any other music player that even comes near Amarok in terms of features.

Elisa is, indeed, promising - i personally like very much of the detail that it's being developed on top of Kirigami, but to me it still has a long way to go!
                I want Lyrics fetch, wikipedia and youtube and all the other goodies Amarok spoiled me with.
                Until then, it's a no-go! For now, Amarok still rules my land

Comment

Not familiar with rhythmbox, but Elisa is meant to be more of a basic player rather than a really feature-rich one like amarok or clementine. A lot of people just don't need all the features amarok and clementine provide.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

Not familiar with rhythmbox, but Elisa is meant to be more of a basic player rather than a really feature-rich one like amarok or clementine. A lot of people just don't need all the features amarok and clementine provide.
                    So like winamp and the old xmms?

Comment

Working...
                    X