KDE Plasma 5.14 Beta Brings Many Improvements, Especially Wayland Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.14 Beta Brings Many Improvements, Especially Wayland Polishing

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.14 Beta Brings Many Improvements, Especially Wayland Polishing

The KDE community has released the beta of the upcoming Plasma 5.14 desktop update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pretty nice updates! And it is interesting that with KDE you always feel that it needs fixes and you always wait for newer versions with hope...

Comment

They better figure out this Wayland session crash on AMD GPUs. So far there is no indication of the known root cause.

Comment

They need to look at QDockWidgets. They don't have window decorations on kde wayland.

Comment

"Plasma 5.14 has been breaking a lot of great stuff the past few months." - I see what you did there! :-)

KDE has a long history of breaking stuff (and I say that as a user of the K since the turn of the century who has never managed to switch away despite periodic attempts to do so!)

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Flatpak handling improvements, and various UI woprk.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              They better figure out this Wayland session crash on AMD GPUs. So far there is no indication of the known root cause.
              Could you please post link to bugreport?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post

Could you please post link to bugreport?

Comment

I still very must doubt that it's usable, as in you can switch to kwin_wayland and not notice the difference

Yes I've raised bugs yes they were closed by Martin for "not being bugs"

Comment

Let me be the first to say that I'm happy kde user. I'm just waiting for the day to use wayland on kde. Currently it's not much worth it, but I'd say that for any DE atm

Comment

Working...
                    X