Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.14 Offers A Hibernate Option From The Logout, HiDPI Dolphin Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.14 Offers A Hibernate Option From The Logout, HiDPI Dolphin Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.14 Offers A Hibernate Option From The Logout, HiDPI Dolphin Improvements

It's been another busy week for the crew polishing up the Plasma desktop and other KDE components. Say "hi" to HiDPI and hibernation work this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I remember having "Hibernate" button in KDE 3... Do they plan to add back "Reboot to..." option for multiboot systems?

Comment

Would this option even work on most PC's with a Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
        I remember having "Hibernate" button in KDE 3... Do they plan to add back "Reboot to..." option for multiboot systems?
        Don't assume anything about the planning. If you want something go to bugzilla and open feature request.

Comment

I could swear I have actually seen such an option somewhere.. On some Linux DE that is.

Comment

+1.
            A "Reboot to..." option would be very nice!

Comment

Really great to see all these improvements, especially bug fixes. There are still a several annoying things left, but I see the reduction of bugs and I can really recommend to every user to write bug reports if you see issues or add your commment to existing ones to increase the visibility of the bugs. Personally I made always good experience with the feedback and responsiveness of the KDE community. What I would like to see is an enforced move to Wayland, Plasma on Wayland (5.13) is doing well already and I think the remaining issue can be addressed only by allowing more users to switch from legacy X11 and providing feedback.

Comment

I remember having "Hibernate" button in KDE 3
                It was always there... In the kickoff "start" menu. It doesn't show up on my computer, though, as I didn't configure it. As for "reboot to...", I saw it popping up from time to time on KDE4.
                @aht0: well, most distros are compatible... In most cases, you just need to specify resume=/swap/partition on your kernel command line.

Comment

I wished the Wayland session would finally feel complete, which in my case basically means:
                  window thumbnails
                  as good or better drag & drop support as on Xorg
                  no weird tooltip popups appearing anywhere where they don't belong

Those three points don't seem to have improved much over the past few release cycles.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                    It was always there... In the kickoff "start" menu
                    But KDE3 also had shutdown/logout menu that had "hibernate" button. Ofc, it didn't work correctly on most machines back

Comment

Working...
                    X