• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    Has a very Firefox-y feel to it
    You got it backwards.

Comment

And how this new is related to Linux and open-source in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignacio Taranto View Post
        And how this new is related to Linux and open-source in general?
        Chrome is mostly opensource, bulk of it comes from Chromium project.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          You got it backwards.
          Haha, it feels like the old Firefox at least. The new Firefox is way too square and I think Chrome got it right with the rounded edges in this new release. The tabs on Chrome 69 look like puzzle pieces lol.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            I know that, but Chrome as a whole is not an open-source application, Chromium is, but it is not the same as Chrome.
            I think that details matters in this case.

Comment

You got it backwards.
              No, he didn't! He got it right!!! It's very Firefox Pre-Quantum if you ask me!!!

I honestly don't like it, but hey... i'm a Firefox user so, what do i know, right?! ahaha

Comment

You got it backwards.
                No he didn't! He's right! It's very Firefox Pre-Quantum (pre-56)!

But still, Firefox's design looked more *fit*, if you ask me. I don't like Chrome's design!
                But hey... I'm a Firefox user! What do i know, right?! ahahah

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  "Mostly open-source" is not equal to open-source. Chrome is a proprietary product.

Comment

I like it. It looks better than before (my personal point of view obviously).
                    I am using Yaru theme on Ubuntu and I really like what I see.
                    In Linux Chrome's appearance depends a lot on the theme you use, now more than ever.
                    It does remind old Firefox a lot now, because of the rounded corners.
                    But this new material design is a general change on all Google products, not only Chrome.
                    First rounded corners were added to Google Drive, then in Gmail, then in Google News, now on Chrome.
                    They seem to be determined to use this design everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X