Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 62.0 Now Available For Download With Some Wayland Fixes, CSS Variable Fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 62.0 Now Available For Download With Some Wayland Fixes, CSS Variable Fonts

Phoronix: Firefox 62.0 Now Available For Download With Some Wayland Fixes, CSS Variable Fonts

While Mozilla isn't expected to officially announce Firefox 62.0 until tomorrow, as usual the binaries are available for wanting this web browser update right now...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully we are 2-3 releases away from full wayland compliance.

Comment

Firefox 61 Quantum starts up just as fast for me as Chrome, even with similar extensions. I don't remember that being the case a couple months ago. Excited for the 62 release.

Does anyone know if Firefox has Strict Site Isolation built in? or what the flag is that needs to be flipped?

Comment

are available for those wanting this web browser
        tildearrow is slacking again.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

tildearrow is slacking again.
          When I read "for wanting this web browser update" I assumed Michael meant "if you want this web browser update", or "for the act of desiring this web browser update"...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            When I read "for wanting this web browser update" I assumed Michael meant "if you want this web browser update", or "for the act of desiring this web browser update"...
            It's possible. It sounds awkward to me though.

Comment

What new telemetry vectors have they added?

Comment

Not too exciting, this release. At least it fixes the bug with newer mesa version (the sandbox somehow prevented webgl to work properly, silently falling back to software rendering with swrast or llvmpipe).

Personally I'm mostly waiting for wayland support. The last big show stopper for me is copy/paste which still doesn't quite work in nightly. After that, I'd love to have hardware video acceleration, which depends on ogl accelerated layers and probably will only get implemented in webrender. So thats another big story. Maybe at some point in 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

It's possible. It sounds awkward to me though.
                  What do you expect? Michael apparently doesn't get enough money to hire people to edit his articles, let alone moderate the forums and ban trolls, ensure ads aren't annoying, do some of the benchmarking, AND scrounge up news to write the articles in the first place. I fear that what money he does make will end up paying medical bills for exhaustion-induced ailments in a few years.

I'd suggest teaming up with Jupiter Broadcasting's folks somehow, but hey, I'm just a random dog^Whuman on the Internet, what do I know about employee management overhead? Little more than "it's pricier and waaay more complicated in the States than people without a business degree would think", that's what. :P

Originally posted by DavidKL View Post
                  Given Mozilla's predilections the past few years, make that, "telemetry vectors, (disableable) digital rights mutilation support, and nonfree codecs and services have they added?"
                  Last edited by mulenmar; 04 September 2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidKL View Post
                    Ah come on, go back to Hurd.

Comment

Working...
                    X