Wine-Staging 3.15 Adds In New Patches Around Media Foundation Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 3.15 Adds In New Patches Around Media Foundation Platform

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 3.15 Adds In New Patches Around Media Foundation Platform

Released on Friday was Wine 3.15 while available now is the newest Wine-Staging release that re-bases against this upstream version of Wine to run Windows programs/games on Linux while adding close to 900 patches on top for various testing/experimental functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd be curious to know if any of the patches that are in Wine Staging have made it back up into Wine

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I'd be curious to know if any of the patches that are in Wine Staging have made it back up into Wine
      A lot did, but Wine-staging also receives new patches over time so it seems like it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        A lot did, but Wine-staging also receives new patches over time so it seems like it doesn't.
        Maybe I should say the new wine-staging

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Maybe I should say the new wine-staging
          A lot have, but Wine-staging also receives new patches over time so it seems like it doesn't.

Comment

The only thing I use Wine for these days is Starcraft 2, and 3.14 fixed bugs with it. I have to launch it twice each time, the first time hangs and then the second works flawlessly.

I'm astonished as the staying power of the project. With 1% of the financial investment that Windows itself received, I bet wine could be a better Windows 7 than the original ever was.

Comment

Working...
            X