No announcement yet.

GNOME-Tweaks 3.30 Is Ready To Tweak The Latest GNOME Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, the surname of that Jeremy dude does not sound good in Brazilian Portuguese...

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
      Man, the surname of that Jeremy dude does not sound good in Brazilian Portuguese...
      lol. I just realized the name after your comment. but the important thing is his good job.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stab...ciples.html.en
        See the parts about minimal interface complexity and using options sparingly. But you probably knew that. I guess you consider (at least some of) the options that Gnome-Tweaks provides essential?
        Gnome-tweak now comes by default with most Linux Gnome 3 installs these days so either Gnome has completely failed in its design principles or users are not quite as retarded as the Gnome designers and have actual workflows that are more important to them than a silly desktop environment.

Comment

Trollfest galore. As usual.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            I really don't understand why this project needs to exist in a so popular Desktop Environment...
            MATE also has a Tweaks app (at least here on Solus), Pantheon (on ElementaryOS) also has a Tweaks app... why do they exist?

Comment

Gnome is a desktop that is heavily focused on simplicity and ease of use, while trying to be a useful and productive environment. This focus comes at a cost that it may not satisfy the needs of users who care more about features and having fine-grain control. If you don't like Gnome and the project focus just use one of the many other awesome desktops out there. It's not like we are starved of options.

It feels particularly odd that so many are complaining under an article about an optional tool that enables more fine-grain control of Gnome for those that want it.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
                Try an Outreachy or systemd thread.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
                  Yeah the incels are out in numbers.

Comment

I'm testing Ubuntu 18.10 and the Power tab in Gnome Tweaks disappeared.. is it only me?? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                      It is funny how some people defend GNOME saying that tweak tool and extensions bring all the features! Then when gnome crashes "you used extensions/tweak tool, that is not supported by gnome devs!"
                      Why is it funny? You are allowed to do whatever you want. That means you are allowed to compose the system in such a way that it will keep crashing. That was your choice. Why should anyone else be expected to fix it for you?

Comment

Working...
                      X