Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME-Tweaks 3.30 Is Ready To Tweak The Latest GNOME Bits

Phoronix: GNOME-Tweaks 3.30 Is Ready To Tweak The Latest GNOME Bits

With GNOME 3.30 due to be released this week, GNOME-Tweaks 3.30 has been released as being ready to tweak this latest flagship open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really don't understand why this project needs to exist in a so popular Desktop Environment...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      I really don't understand why this project needs to exist in a so popular Desktop Environment...
      It's because the stock GNOME is so broken that it needs some major tweaks, and the developers aren't feeling like making those tweaks default for some reason.

Comment

maybe Gnome 4 will give us tweaks by default and few more options for free?!?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

Nah, we're gonna have a tweak tool for the tweak tool. That way you can truly customize the user experience of customizing your user experience.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

GNOME has been trending towards removing things not adding them

Comment

The trolls don't like gnome tweak tool. You can't really complain it's impossible to tweak gnome if there is a tool from the devs that provides a nice method of doing exactly that. Well I guess you can ... but you look like an idiot.

Comment

https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stab...ciples.html.en
                See the parts about minimal interface complexity and using options sparingly. But you probably knew that. I guess you consider (at least some of) the options that Gnome-Tweaks provides essential?
                Last edited by DanL; 03 September 2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Too bad the usability of dconf has gotten worse. It looks too much mobile-first and is not suitable for desktop use because of too much navigation between activities instead of letting the user perform actions on the same activity as listing settings.

Comment

It is funny how some people defend GNOME saying that tweak tool and extensions bring all the features! Then when gnome crashes "you used extensions/tweak tool, that is not supported by gnome devs!"

Comment

Working...
                    X