KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

Phoronix: KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

KDE developers remain on their spree of various usability enhancements and polishing. KDE contributor Nate Graham also continues doing a great job summarizing these enhancements on a weekly basis...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!
      Systemsettings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session > uncheck "Offer Shutdown Options"

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

Systemsettings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session > uncheck "Offer Shutdown Options"
        lolol. Been using kde for years. Never occurred to me to check there. Shame on me I guess.

Comment

Still amazed people complain about things that actually have fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Still amazed people complain about things that actually have fixes.
            Oh. really?
            How about mouse scroll line number settings gone in KDE5?
            In KDE4 we have this: https://cyberraiden.files.wordpress....-config-28.png
            In KDE5 we have nothing.

Comment

I also find that annoying, but KDE is not alone in requiring confirmation for those actions. Some people may accidentally click on the wrong icon and loose their work, so all DEs ask confirmation. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I also find that annoying, but KDE is not alone in requiring confirmation for those actions. Some people may accidentally click on the wrong icon and loose their work, so all DEs ask confirmation. Better safe than sorry.
                It's not that it needs, confirmation, it's the fact that you're presented the same options twice that's ruining usability.

And unchecking shutdown options does just that: it stops offering options. That's "a little" different.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

It's good to ask for confirmation, but then they should offer a dialog or screen with a confirmation question rather than offering the exact same options twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's good to ask for confirmation, but then they should offer a dialog or screen with a confirmation question rather than offering the exact same options twice.
                    The idea behind the current setup is that it'll do the action you requested after a delay, but during that time you can change your mind. You don't actually *have* to click twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X