KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Microsoft stole Mission Control from macOS? Sounds likely, BUT Apple stole it from AmigaOS, which has had that feature since the 90's (and still has it in the current version).
    Yeah, I know. Apple also stole windowed apps from Xerox and the new spotlight they stole from Alfred which probably stole KRunner but that's not the point.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post

Never said that. In fact I implied the opposite earlier in this thread:

I'm not a Gnome user. I use KDE at home and macOS at work. I was just advocating for a little more testing of defaults with actual users and less guessing and "innovating" by randomly deciding on features that might be "cool" to try.
      I'm sorry, I thought you wrote it, but staying on the subject I think that today both Kde and Gnome from the point of view of default are much improved. Obviously everything is improvable, the problem is if the default does not satisfy you and you do not find tools to change it if not passing and modifying the configuration files, this is a problem. In the past I have always been very critical with KDE, but with Plasma 5 things have changed and today they have also looked at the default settings. After the default can also change the distribution, it is not written anywhere that must keep the KDE settings. openSUSE still sends out the old system settings panel, as they feel that the new one still has some problems (just to give an example).

Comment

I am going to add my name to the list of people that prefer Single click should be the default. This comes from observing non computer uses having difficulties with the mechanics of double clicking the mouse, It's a good deal trickier than people assume. Also a lot of people have no idea when they need to single click or double click a thing even after using a computer for years. Making everything single click just makes things easier for those people. The biggest problem is that there is no way to set single or double click as the behaviour in non Qt apps so you end up with inconsistencies where you need single click in some apps and double click in others.

Comment

Working...
        X