Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

    Phoronix: KDE Picks Up New Screen Layout Switcher Plasmoid, Other Enhancements

    KDE developers remain on their spree of various usability enhancements and polishing. KDE contributor Nate Graham also continues doing a great job summarizing these enhancements on a weekly basis...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...creen-Switcher

  • #2
    Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!
      Systemsettings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session > uncheck "Offer Shutdown Options"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mlau View Post

        Systemsettings > Startup and Shutdown > Desktop Session > uncheck "Offer Shutdown Options"
        lolol. Been using kde for years. Never occurred to me to check there. Shame on me I guess.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!
          Still amazed people complain about things that actually have fixes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Still amazed people complain about things that actually have fixes.
            Oh. really?
            How about mouse scroll line number settings gone in KDE5?
            In KDE4 we have this: https://cyberraiden.files.wordpress....-config-28.png
            In KDE5 we have nothing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Still amazed they haven't figured out requiring actions to log out/reboot/shut down twice is... wait for it... redundant!
              I also find that annoying, but KDE is not alone in requiring confirmation for those actions. Some people may accidentally click on the wrong icon and loose their work, so all DEs ask confirmation. Better safe than sorry.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                I also find that annoying, but KDE is not alone in requiring confirmation for those actions. Some people may accidentally click on the wrong icon and loose their work, so all DEs ask confirmation. Better safe than sorry.
                It's not that it needs, confirmation, it's the fact that you're presented the same options twice that's ruining usability.

                And unchecking shutdown options does just that: it stops offering options. That's "a little" different.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                  I also find that annoying, but KDE is not alone in requiring confirmation for those actions. Some people may accidentally click on the wrong icon and loose their work, so all DEs ask confirmation. Better safe than sorry.
                  It's good to ask for confirmation, but then they should offer a dialog or screen with a confirmation question rather than offering the exact same options twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

                    It's good to ask for confirmation, but then they should offer a dialog or screen with a confirmation question rather than offering the exact same options twice.
                    The idea behind the current setup is that it'll do the action you requested after a delay, but during that time you can change your mind. You don't actually *have* to click twice.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X