Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIMP 2.10.6 Adds Support For Vertical Text, New GEGL Filters, Async Layer Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post
    2.10 was released mere 4 months ago. If that is forever, what do you call a real forever?
    2.8 to 2.10 was years...

Comment

Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post

Funny you didn't mention Blender. Many who bitched about its interface started to use it anyway. But yeah, Blender is some kind of exception.
      Can't comment on something I haven't used but I've heard it's good.

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post

This is a little off-topic, but I'm curious now... what is wrong with Inkscape UI? I love it and I think Inkscape is an awesome FOSS product. My only complain right now is that for about a year the LaTeX rendering plugin has been broken.
      Nothing is wrong with it if you've never seen a vector design program in your life. If you've used any other vector tool, everything is a little off with Inkscape. Don't get me wrong, I love Inkscape and use it on my KDE machine at home but I would never use it at work where I have to be productive and to get things done quickly.
      Last edited by Guest; 20 August 2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
        Adobe's real competitor is Affinity. With Designer and Photo I have no interest in GIMP, Photoshop or Inkscape/Krita.
        Those software are quite impressive however people still prefer AdoPe Suite (p is for pirate) however as designer the temptation to work with just floss software is tremendously irresistible. I prefer die under the UI of Gimp* that use any other commercial software. None of this software is perfect balanced so anyone of them has its strengths its weakness, most people confuse their limitations with the limits of the floss graphic software, of course it easier thinking like this but the experience taught me that because a floss software is not commercial product the learning curve doesn't need to be soft. Soft learning curve in a software can be good for a beginner but eventually it will convert in a limit for a professional.

* why can't Gimp using SVG icons in the UI? This is a very shame...

Comment

Working...
        X