Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solus Linux & Its Budgie Desktop Seeing Summer 2018 Improvements

Phoronix: Solus Linux & Its Budgie Desktop Seeing Summer 2018 Improvements

The Solus Project has shared some of the work they've been engaged in this summer with their Linux distribution as well as their GTK3-based Budgie Desktop Environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just to point out that it is Solus, not Solus linux

Solus is an operating system that is designed for modern home computing. Solus is built from scratch to ensure every tweak, configuration, and optimization enables the delivery of a singular, cohesive desktop experience.

“Solus”: The name of the operating system. Solus shall not be used in conjunction with other acronyms or terminology, such as (but not limited to):
    • “Solus OS”
    • “Solus Operating System”
    • “Solus Linux”

Comment

^Wow. In my book, If it's running Linux for the kernel, then Solus Linux is intuitive/acceptable.

Comment

Yes, but given how the name Linux is trademarked. Kinda can't use that in the name.

Comment

I do hate GTK and Google Material Design with a passion but for what it's worth, they do seem to be doing good work over at Solus.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCanadianBacon View Post
            Yes, but given how the name Linux is trademarked. Kinda can't use that in the name.
            Yeah it's not like Linux Mint is a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              ^Wow. In my book, If it's running Linux for the kernel, then Solus Linux is intuitive/acceptable.
              It's Android, not "Android Linux", fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                Yeah it's not like Linux Mint is a thing.
                Trademarked names shouldn't be used even if you will 100% get away with it.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  More configuration tunables within the Budgie desktop setttings.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    But the name is 'Solus'. If you want to add Linux, it's better to do like I do and write Solus (Linux).

Comment

Working...
                    X