No announcement yet.

Thunderbird 60.0 Released With WebExtension Themes, Attachment Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, as long as you've got at least 1024px vertically, I think the proper response to a widescreen monitor is better tiling support in your WM.

Comment

Thunderbird doesn't really have any good pane arrangement options for rotated screens. (Running 1200x1600 + 2560x1600 + 1200x1600 on Linux, and it would be nice to have the email client on one of the side screens.) Or, it could use a button for quick collapse/expand of the folders area -- dragging the divider is a slow pita. With auto expand when dragging an email on top of the minimized folder area. Or a hot key for it. I can't seem to find where any hotkeys are configurable.

> You can unzip Thunderbird's chrome and edit the .dtd files within them

Oh boy! edit: found "Dorando Keyconfig" add-on. But there is no folder pane hotkey at all only message pane, oh well. But we got themes ...
      Last edited by xorbe; 06 August 2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

There are no addons that can minimize thunderbird to the tray icon that work with v60 Will be sticking to 52.9.1.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
          There are no addons that can minimize thunderbird to the tray icon that work with v60 Will be sticking to 52.9.1.
          Years ago when I needed it, I remember seeing desktop extensions which could force arbitrary application windows to appear as tray icons rather than taskbar entries. You might want to poke around to see if one's available for your desktop of choice.

In fact, now that I think about it, it'd just be a matter of matching on the same attributes that window managers use for defining window-specific rules, injecting a "skip taskbar" flag for the window, and then creating a tray icon using the icon and title gathered from the window which sends "please minimize/restore this other application's window with XID ___" messages to the WM. I could probably whip up something like that in an hour or two which would work on any X11 desktop (Wayland's security model would require it to be either a compositor extension or loaded within the same process that created the windows being modified).
          Last edited by ssokolow; 14 August 2018, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Why would they release something that you can't upgrade to?

Comment

Working...
            X