Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 69 Beta Released With AV1 Decode & Various CSS Additions

Phoronix: Chrome 69 Beta Released With AV1 Decode & Various CSS Additions

Google has rolled out the Chrome 69 beta web-browser update today for Linux, Android, and other supported platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what year will youtube start supporting AV1 videos?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      The same year they'll stop using the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API?

Comment

I'm still waiting for hardware video decoder... Looks like Firefox is enabling it on Nightly on Windows. Maybe that will make Google look alive and do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          I'm still waiting for hardware video decoder... Looks like Firefox is enabling it on Nightly on Windows. Maybe that will make Google look alive and do it too.
          Linux hardware decoding or gtfo.

Just leaving it here, not necessarily aimed at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The same year they'll stop using the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API?
            STOP SPREDING LIES regarding youtube using shadow dom v0 https://twitter.com/cpeterso/status/1021626510296285185

Youtube doesnt use shadow dom!

> YT *is* using polyfills, but not Shadow DOM V0; instead it's using Polymer's Shady DOM everywhere at the moment: https://www.polymer-project.org/blog/shadydom

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              2019-2021, depending on the progress of hybrid decoders for end-users and hardware encoder boards for streaming infrastructure. Next-gen high-bandwidth/high-density memory tech (HBM3/DDR5) is a key part of the hardware encoders and it's not in place yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post

2019-2021, depending on the progress of hybrid decoders for end-users and hardware encoder boards for streaming infrastructure. Next-gen high-bandwidth/high-density memory tech (HBM3/DDR5) is a key part of the hardware encoders and it's not in place yet.
                Thanks, finally a serious answer.

Comment

Working...
                X