Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.29.90 Out Ahead Of Next Month's GNOME 3.30 Release

Phoronix: GNOME 3.29.90 Out Ahead Of Next Month's GNOME 3.30 Release

The GNOME 3.30 Release Candidate (v3.29.90) is now available that also marks the UI, API, and feature freezes for this next desktop environment update debuting in September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i'll wait for Gflog4

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      i'll wait for Gflog4
      Flog yourself in the meantime, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Flog yourself in the meantime, right?
        i come ere to watch most of you flogs do that

Comment

Nyah nyah, go cry to your mama https://www.gnome.org/news/2018/08/g...handshake-org/

Comment

Yesterday I got in my hands a colleague's Dell convertible laptop with a touchscreen. Then I understood what Gnome developers were thinking when they shacked things up. Not nice for a desktop user point of view, but very nice for a tablet user. But after all these years, some things are still missing.

For example, that machine had a 14 inch screen at 1080p. I thought it need a little upscale to be better use on tablet mode and, to my surprise, you only have 100% or 200% options. Obviously the latter make things too big. KDE for example, allows you small increments till you find the sweet spot, although you need to logoff for it to apply to everything.

Also, At last in Ubuntu 18.04.1, the bottom left icon that shows all applications installed, needed that you keep it pressed with one finger to be able to select something, otherwise it will disappear. Not funny if you are holding a laptop with a hand and using the other to navigate. That must be a Ubuntu bug, I think.

I was also surprised that KDE did not have a auto-rotation feature, making it virtually impractical to use on a convertible laptop on tablet mode. Kudos for Gnome to make it available.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
              Does it mean they'll finally fix their damn DE or just waste money as usual?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                Yesterday I got in my hands a colleague's Dell convertible laptop with a touchscreen. Then I understood what Gnome developers were thinking when they shacked things up. Not nice for a desktop user point of view, but very nice for a tablet user. But after all these years, some things are still missing.

For example, that machine had a 14 inch screen at 1080p. I thought it need a little upscale to be better use on tablet mode and, to my surprise, you only have 100% or 200% options. Obviously the latter make things too big. KDE for example, allows you small increments till you find the sweet spot, although you need to logoff for it to apply to everything.

Also, At last in Ubuntu 18.04.1, the bottom left icon that shows all applications installed, needed that you keep it pressed with one finger to be able to select something, otherwise it will disappear. Not funny if you are holding a laptop with a hand and using the other to navigate. That must be a Ubuntu bug, I think.

I was also surprised that KDE did not have a auto-rotation feature, making it virtually impractical to use on a convertible laptop on tablet mode. Kudos for Gnome to make it available.
                Run
                Code:
                gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['scale-monitor-framebuffer']"
                in a terminal to activate fractional scaling. It only works in wayland and you need to reload gnome shell after activating it. When you log in again you have more scaling alternatives in the display settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
                  Run
                  Code:
                  gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['scale-monitor-framebuffer']"
                  in a terminal to activate fractional scaling. It only works in wayland and you need to reload gnome shell after activating it. When you log in again you have more scaling alternatives in the display settings.
                  Wow... this was the only thing keeping me away from gnome and temporarily on plasma. Feels good to be back.

Comment

I know. I've gone through your post history. "serial troll". Seek professional help. This is a symptom of mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                    X