X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haters gonna hate...

Meanwhile, happily using Gnome...

Comment

I see the improvements with each iteration. What I find stunningly inept is the fact that Nautilus isn't GTK3.x+ based but some hand coded solution. That's the kind of crap that creates cruft in a desktop environment and undue time invested in tracing bugs due to the lack of uniform frameworks being leverages in the app space.

Comment

Well....to all you KDE/Dolphin fans...when they can actually come up with DE/UX that doesn't vomit buttons everywhere and even down the sides AND is not the default DE and file manager of Opensuse which as a company can't stand on its own and has to be passed around to yet ANOTHER company after the PREVIOUS company has had enough of them, THEN you Gnome/Red Hat/Ubuntu haters will have a point.

And Qt/C++.....LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
          Well....to all you KDE/Dolphin fans...when they can actually come up with DE/UX that doesn't vomit buttons everywhere and even down the sides AND is not the default DE and file manager of Opensuse which as a company can't stand on its own and has to be passed around to yet ANOTHER company after the PREVIOUS company has had enough of them, THEN you Gnome/Red Hat/Ubuntu haters will have a point.

And Qt/C++.....LOL!!
          They think it's a conspiracy that the majority of main distros use GNOME, even though KDE has <inserts 500 features here all crammed into one screen>.

Comment

OK, I need to ask. Who even creates files from a drop-down menu in the directory name?!

Why couldn't they think of being able to change the path arbitrarily by clicking the empty side of the path bar?

Comment

I really like Gnome, especially the Ubuntu flavor. I was initially not enthusiastic about the header bars, but in practice they are very nice to use. The minimalism that many seem to complain about is great to me. No useless clutter or extraneous details to pour over, just sane defaults and a few common configuration choices. It's perfect on a laptop with a touch-screen, at least functionally. (and with some extension tweaks) If they could smooth out the performance somewhat, and be a little more efficient with resources, then I'd have nothing to complain about.

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Why couldn't they think of being able to change the path arbitrarily by clicking the empty side of the path bar?
              But why would you want to type the path in a GUI? May as well use a terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

Still complaining about desktop icons? I though GNOME devs put it clear - There is no and won't be desktop icons support in Nautilus.

If you want desktop icons now and don't want to wait for extensions to become usable, I can recommend using Nemo and ……….
                Yeah, no. Much easier to just use a different desktop environment.

Comment

Opensuse which as a company can't stand on its own and has to be passed around to yet ANOTHER company after the PREVIOUS company has had enough of them
                  They got sold because they had increased their value and were the part of the company that was worth something to sell.

Comment

when they can actually come up with DE/UX that doesn't vomit buttons everywhere and even down the sides
                    When was the last time you used KDE? That's not Plasma 5 for sure.

THEN you Gnome/Red Hat/Ubuntu haters will have a point.
                    You can hate something even if there is no alternative. For example I hate Windows even if I can't just use Linux to run games and Windows programs.

And Qt/C++.....LOL!!
                    Yeah, GTK/javascript sounds much better.

Comment

And Qt/C++.....LOL!!
                      So, you're comparing Dolphin to totally f*ucked up, unusable shit like Nautilus? You must be mad. What's Qt/C++ market share in comparison to utter gtk crap? Why when someone changes toolkit it's ALWAYS from gtk shit to Qt?
                      Last edited by Guest; 29 July 2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X