Slax 9.5 Released For Delivering A Lightweight Debian Linux Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slax 9.5 Released For Delivering A Lightweight Debian Linux Experience

Phoronix: Slax 9.5 Released For Delivering A Lightweight Debian Linux Experience

Another open-source operating system doing a stable update this morning is Slax, the revived Linux distribution focused on delivering a lightweight desktop that when the project was restarted last year shifted off its Slackware origin and onto a Debian stable base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Based off Slackware --> Slax

So, now that it's based off Debian, should it not be called Dex?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Based off Slackware --> Slax

So, now that it's based off Debian, should it not be called Dex?
      I agree that the name should be changed, but as for the name Dex: I don't think the developers of DexOS (http://dex-os.github.io/) would be too happy about it.

Comment

Maybe Xebian? Wait, no, that was taken by the original-Xbox port of Debian.

And, apparently, a Debian-based Xfce 4.12 distro aiming to be the Debian equivalent of Xubuntu.

Comment

If Slax has ripped out systemd and made D-Bus, PulseAudio, and other such stuff optional, I'll take a look. If not, I'll stick with Devuan for a very light USB-based distro.
          Last edited by cf100clunk; 26 July 2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X