No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.48 Brings KWayland Fixes & Many Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this also fix the other numerous bugs? 'Cause right now, the Plasma Wayland session only loads a black background with a non-interactive panel and crashes as soon as you open a KDE app... (Intel-only user, btw)

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post

Which bug? That press Esc for 3 seconds to release mouse?
      Yes, I meant this one. And as far as I know there is another one in the pipeline to fix inaccurate input issues in games on Plasma Wayland (kwin 5.14).

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
        Yes, I meant this one. And as far as I know there is another one in the pipeline to fix inaccurate input issues in games on Plasma Wayland (kwin 5.14).
        Are you able to use Plasma Wayland session with amdgpu at all?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Are you able to use Plasma Wayland session with amdgpu at all?
          Yes, Plasma Wayland works great on my systems. On my main system I use a RX480. For gaming I had to compile kwin-git and kwayland-git, otherwise the input didn't work. On this Arch Linux box I use Mesa-git as well. The only issue I have are bugs with full screen Vulkan games since xorg 1.20, some of them must be changed to window mode, otherwise the content on the screen doesn't get updated.
          I do have a Ryzen 2200G as well, there Plasma Wayland works as well, except for random freezes during boot (still not fixed like on the 2400G). On my notebook with a Ryzen 2500U I have no issues either with Plasma Wayland.
          Not sure what could be different with a separate Vega. You could try kwin-git (remove dependencies except for kwayland and kdecoration).

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Yes, Plasma Wayland works great on my systems. On my main system I use a RX480
            Are you using DisplayPort? That's what's the pain point.

Comment

Citations, please

Comment

Working...
              X