Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 3.12 Released With 990 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 3.12 Released With 990 Patches Atop Upstream Wine

One day past the release of upstream Wine 3.12, the downstream Wine-Staging 3.12 is now available that continues incorporating hundreds of experimental/testing patches atop these bi-weekly Wine releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When browsing the bugtracker recently I noticed there is finally a patch in progress to get the CEF browser engine used in steam, among other things, working out of box. Did this make it or not?

Of course, this might just be the first, of many bugs regarding the CEF engine's problematic sandbox routine. It uses a rather complex system of user authority trampolines to create it's sandbox while still maintaining the IPC and Shared Memory functions needed to run smoothly.

Comment

There are about 347 patchsets today.
      Last edited by MartinPL; 11 July 2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Sting demo? You mean this game? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting!

Comment

I hadn't fired up Wine in a while but one of my kids asked to play StarCraft 2 last week. It took some juggling of settings to get it working, but after that everything was fine.

But my eight year old GPU stutters, time for a mild upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
            I hadn't fired up Wine in a while but one of my kids asked to play StarCraft 2 last week. It took some juggling of settings to get it working, but after that everything was fine.

But my eight year old GPU stutters, time for a mild upgrade.
            Just use Lutris, it has an amazingly optimized config for Starcraft 2, which you can download and it will auto-install Starcraft 2 from.

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post

Just use Lutris, it has an amazingly optimized config for Starcraft 2, which you can download and it will auto-install Starcraft 2 from.
              I will have to do some research on Lutris. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X