Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Dolphin File Manager Now Has A "Share" Menu

Phoronix: KDE's Dolphin File Manager Now Has A "Share" Menu

The latest work on improving KDE's usability is adding a "share" menu to the Dolphin file manager...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...hin-Share-Menu

NOOOOOO!!!!!

I realize young people can't eat a meal without taking a photo and sharing it on Instagram but I do not want this built into my file-manager. I realize resistance is futile but I'm going to whine about it anyway. Please don't add like and subscribe and report buttons in addition to this. I can easily not use Facebook or Twitter or any of those things (I do use vlive.tv, I must have that kpop fix) but I don't want to avoid using a file-manger (though there's always Midnight Commander as a fallback).

Comment

They should reduce the redundancy of options in that menu perhaps.

Comment

Are they going to replace our programs with "Apps" too?

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
          I realize young people can't eat a meal without taking a photo and sharing it on Instagram but I do not want this built into my file-manager. I realize resistance is futile but I'm going to whine about it anyway. Please don't add like and subscribe and report buttons in addition to this. I can easily not use Facebook or Twitter or any of those things (I do use vlive.tv, I must have that kpop fix) but I don't want to avoid using a file-manger (though there's always Midnight Commander as a fallback).
          Get a grip, fogey. Even without the social media aspect, this feature is a handy shortcut (such as the email feature). There are less practical things that have been on this menu for a while now.

As labyrinth 153 said, there is some redundancy in the menus, or at the very least, some things could be grouped into sub-menus.

Comment

this would be very nice, most of my interaction with a file manager is to send files to other people

Comment

The best Linux file manager get even better.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!!!

you want less features? go nautilus or something like that...

Comment

I would appreciate it if all features like this were plugins.

We already have a "web file manager" called a web browser.

I guess Ive never been a fan of storing anything on a internet service due to the WeOwnYourSoul lock in.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!!!

How about just not pushing any of the buttons under the "share" menu? It's not like you're forced to share now...

Comment

Working...
                    X