Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latte Dock 0.8 Is Around The Corner With Many New Features

Phoronix: Latte Dock 0.8 Is Around The Corner With Many New Features

For fans of Latte Dock, the KDE Plasma aligned desktop dock, the version 0.8 release is around the corner with many new features to present...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You can take my keyboard shortcuts from my cold, dead hands.

Comment

I like latte-dock a lot, it is very flexible, look great and works really well on Plasma Wayland!

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        You can take my keyboard shortcuts from my cold, dead hands.
        What has Latte Dock to do with your keyboard shortcuts? asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          What has Latte Dock to do with your keyboard shortcuts? asking for a friend.
          It's just a attempt of humor. I'm not interested in a dock if I can call programs with keyboard shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            It's just a attempt of humor. I'm not interested in a dock if I can call programs with keyboard shortcuts.
            Yeah, the number of programs that can actually fit in the dock can be dealt with by keyboard shortcuts too, but the average dock is also a "taskbar" of sorts (i.e. it shows other info like what windows of what programs are open, it has a "start menu" to access programs that you don't use often so you may not remember name or shortcut, and other things).

Latte dock can also be used to create a fully fledged and customizable taskbar as it can be fitted with Plasma widgets just like normal plasma taskbars.

Comment

That should be included in Plasma

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                I like latte-dock a lot, it is very flexible, look great and works really well on Plasma Wayland!
                It works like crap on Wayland actually(unless you're talking about the most recent version which i didn't try). Constantly crashes or freezes, especially if you try to pick(or even just hovered mouse cursor over) two instance of the same program. And most of the time it doesn't restore itself, you had to kill it and start again by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  Yeah, the number of programs that can actually fit in the dock can be dealt with by keyboard shortcuts too, but the average dock is also a "taskbar" of sorts (i.e. it shows other info like what windows of what programs are open, it has a "start menu" to access programs that you don't use often so you may not remember name or shortcut, and other things).

Latte dock can also be used to create a fully fledged and customizable taskbar as it can be fitted with Plasma widgets just like normal plasma taskbars.
                  Well, I find these things redundant. All the features you said are already available on Plasma task bar, you just need to edit it a little. My preference is for task bars to be as slim as possible to not get on the way of programs and not waste vertical space.

I understand other people might like big icons and that MacOS look, but not me.

Comment

Working...
                  X